Patriots celebrate emotional win

Tom Brady plays with passion. (photo by Keith Allison)

By Alexander Teal

Most of the experts were picking against the Patriots this weekend, but conclusions cannot be made until the game is played. The Pats pulled off a huge 39-26 win on the road in Pittsburgh on Sunday night.
The offense was great. Tom Brady completed 30 of 43 passes for 350 yards and 3 touchdowns; he also made the signature play of the game, when he took a sneak up the middle and into the end zone. Following that third-quarter score, Brady violently spiked the ball into the ground and gestured to the crowd as if to say it was his game.
“You could tell it was a little special to him,” Patriots backup QB Brian Hoyer said of Brady’s demeanor.
Brady was not sticking it to the Steelers or their fans. but simply injecting energy into his team.
“There’s only one way to play the game, and it’s an emotional game,” Brady said afterward. “I think part of being a quarterback is making sure that everyone’s into it and I thought all the guys played really hard and stayed focused. It was an exciting win for all of us. We haven’t been this happy in a long time.”
At one point Brady appeared to be losing his cool on the sidelines, shouting at the offensive lineman; the way the team responded clearly meant they got his message.
“Football’s a game of emotions. We want to see him excited.” said lineman Logan Mankins following the game.
The win puts New England at 7-2, tied with the New York Jets atop the East Divison. There is no doubt that Brady is here to win this season and the rest of the team is following his lead.