Grocery Budgeting
February 16, 2024
Hockey game coverage 2/3/24
Hockey game coverage 2/3/24
February 16, 2024
Coach Fullers 600th Win
Coach Fullers 600th Win
February 16, 2024

Information For Graduates

By Makenzie MacDonald & Kurtis Kendall
This year’s spring commencement undergraduate ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 18 at 10:00 am on the main quadrangle.
The commencement ceremonies are available to be streamed live on the University’s television channel, Fitchburg’s Access Television, which can be located on the University’s website or through fatv.org.
Seating areas for guests will be available at 8:30 a.m., and parking will take place all over campus, besides for the ones on Highland Avenue. For those who park further away from the ceremony, at Mckay, the Civic Center or lower North Street, there will be shuttles to bring guests to and from the campus.
In case of inclement weather, the commencement ceremony will be held in Fitchburg State’s Recreation Center on the same date and time.
However, due to the limited amount of seating in the Athletics and Recreation Center, tickets are required for admittance. Proof of obtaining a ticket will be requested to be shown upon the event being moved indoors
For the graduates, make sure that you are eligible and cleared to participate in the graduation ceremony, as well as indicating if you are planning to attend via your Web4 account. Click on Student, Student Records, then View Graduation Application.
If the Registrar finds that you meet the requirements, you will be invited to attend the ceremony. A student can have two courses or one internship left to take and still participate in the celebration.
If you took courses at another university, transcripts must be received by the by May 24th. In addition, all unresolved obligations such as library fines, student loans, unpaid bills, and residence hall damages must be resolved before an official transcript will be issued.
President Lapidus will also hold a reception for graduates, guests, and faculty on the Hammond Promenade following the ceremony. All are invited.
If you need to contact the Registrar’s office please call at 978.665.4196 or email at [email protected].