Celebrating Coach Fuller’s Monumental 600th Career Win
Dillon Murphy
Staff Writer

Fitchburg, Massachusetts — In an outstanding display of skill and dedication, Coach Fuller of Fitchburg State University’s ice hockey team reached a historic milestone on Jan. 27, securing his 600th career win. This win, which came against a tough team in MCLA (Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts), marks a momentous occasion not only for Coach Fuller but for the entire Fitchburg community. The green and gold won this game 5-2, with goals coming from five different scorers. Down 2-0 after the first period, but did not look back after Samuel Rennick scored a power-play goal ten minutes into the second period. Three straight Falcons goals happened afterward from Oliver Cookson, Toivo Kramer, and Trenton Skaggs. This would close out the period. Not much action in the third period, other than an empty-net goal from Kristopher Zapata.

Coach Fuller’s journey to this unbelievable achievement is a testament to his strong commitment to this sport and to the young student-athletes under his guidance. With this being his 40th season as head coach, this is no short of tremendous. Fuller has left an undeniable legacy that will be remembered forever. He has left an indelible mark on the Falcon’s ice hockey program, shaping generations of players both on and off the ice.

Taking over in 1984 for former head coach Jim Gorman, was just the beginning of many wins and championships. For starters, Fuller is just the third Division III coach to ever reach 600 wins. He has taken this Falcon team to 36 postseason trips and appeared in the conference championship eleven times, winning seven of those eleven trips. Something just as remarkable as this would be his overall win percentage of .616. This winning percentage ranks 31st all-time among Division I, II, and III coaches.

All of these wins and incredible achievements are remarkable, but Fuller’s impact extends far beyond the wins and losses recorded on the ice. He is known for his mentorship and guidance, he has helped shape the lives of countless young athletes, instilling in them the values of teamwork, discipline, and perseverance.

It’s obvious that Coach Fuller’s legacy is safe as the celebrations go on. He has demonstrated his love, devotion, and unshakable commitment to the game of hockey with his 600th career victory. It’s also impossible not to wonder what new heights Coach Fuller and the Fitchburg Falcons may achieve together as he looks to the future.