7 Ways to Be Your Own Valentine

By Muriel Ballie
1.Wear all your favorites

It doesn’t matter if you don’t have someone to look nice for, wearing your favorite fragrance, sweatshirt, or a pair of shoes can be an instant mood booster. It also makes that day a little extra special.

2. Simply be by yourself

There is nothing wrong with staying at home and just enjoying the silence. It is a good way to relax your mind and focus on yourself. Make a cup of tea, read a book, or even just take a well-deserved nap.

3. Bake or cook something

Even if cooking isn’t your thing, it is a great skill to learn. It is also something that is much easier to do when it is just for yourself! This way you can have exactly what you want for a perfect dinner (or even just desert if that’s what you’re feeling).

4. Spa day

Today there are many inexpensive ways to have a spa day. You can enjoy bath bombs, exfoliating face and hair masks, a self-manicure and pedicure, or anything that you feel would be relaxing. If you are feeling really creative, you can also find recipes to make these things yourself.

5. Do some cleaning

It is never to early to get a head start on spring cleaning. Although it is a (at times) strenuous task, the results will leave you feeling good. Rearranging your room can also give you a better and more refreshing vibe. Get it done now, and you will thank yourself later.

6. Learn a new hobby

Being alone also gives you the opportunity to have your undivided attention and complete focus on something. This could be any sort of simple craft, such as knitting or candle making. You could even make yourself a little present!

7. Write a letter to yourself

Write anything you want; how you are feeling, what you did that day, or just your current status on life. Keep it somewhere safe and hidden but do not forget about it. Then once next Valentine’s day comes around reopen it and reminisce.