Athlete Spotlight: Chloe Roberts

Meet Women’s Basketball guard, Sophomore, Chloe Roberts. She is from Hanson, Massachusetts and is enrolled in Fitchburg State’s Criminal Justice program. She is also a psychology minor and is on track to graduate in 2021.
“I chose FSU because of the small campus I wanted to be able to know everyone around me. The criminal justice program is a big reason I came to FSU and I also get to continue playing the game I love and be a part of something that is so special, a team, that I can truly call a family.”
Roberts has been playing basketball since she was in the third grade. She looks up to one of the players she had played against back home. She describes her as one of the hardest workers on and off the court she knows.
One interesting thing you might not know about Chloe is that she can drive a stick shift.
Outside of sports, she enjoys spending time with her friends and going to other sports games to see friends play. She likes to support them in what they love, like they support her.
The Women’s Basketball team has had their best start in three years. Their record is 5-2 over their first seven games.
“Our team this season consists of some of the weirdest people I have ever met, but I know that they would go to war with me,” says Roberts.
“We have created this bond that I know many teams have not been able to.”
Roberts in her second year as a Falcon has played in all seven games and scoring 22 points over 66 minutes. Her field goal percentage is 24.0 percent with Her 3-pt shooting percentage at 23.1 percent and a free throw percentage of 63.6 percent.
“Our team has been working hard to improve our program from every angle. There will be games where we rise and games where we fall, but no matter what, we do it as one…Being able to play the sport is great, being part of the family is even better,” said Roberts.