Set Sail with Tri-Sigma

Tr-Sigma Sorority
Members of Tri-Sigma are proud to raise money for charities.

By Alicia Cleveland
Sigma Sigma Sigma, one of the three sororities on campus, has set sail with spring recruitment and is welcoming new members of the Fitchburg State campus.
This semester, Tri-Sigma is recruiting with a nautical theme. With their national symbol being a sailboat and the quote “Ever Forward” constantly reminding them of their life journeys, the women of Tri-Sigma are hoping to welcome students onto their journey of sisterhood. Recruitment Director Kristen Liming worked hard over break, attending officer academy and learning new and exciting ways to get the word out about Tri-Sigma. “I really wanted our theme to go along with what Sigma is all about and how we are always moving forward with each sister by each others side,” Liming said.
Tri-Sigma has been sailing the campus since 1995 and has been growing ever since. Members range from freshmen to seniors and have majors in all different areas as well as sisters involved with other campus clubs and activities. They are active in community service and hold a teeter-totter-athon in the spring to raise money for hospitalized children by see-sawing on the quad for 40 hours straight.
Not sure if sorority life is the one for you? Sigma Sigma Sigma’s spring recruitment started on Jan. 25 and will continue with a recruitment event on Feb. 1. For more information, contact Kristen Liming at [email protected].