End of Semester BBQ and Honorary Ceremony for President Antonucci

Photo By Fitchburg State
Photo By Fitchburg State

By Emma Demosthens
The end of the year is always bittersweet. Often, you’ll find this sentiment shared among the graduating seniors and even among the faculty and staff who have been with them throughout their time at FSU.

As the semester is coming to a close we are also bidding farewell to President Antonucci, also known fondly as “Pres Bob”, who will be retiring at the end of this semester. Just as the end of the year is a time of transition for students, we are currently undergoing a presidential transition.

Photo by Fitchburg State
Photo by Fitchburg State

With that, the Board of Trustees has invited students, faculty and staff for a campus-wide BBQ beginning at 12 noon on the Quad, in celebration of Dr. Antonucci’s 12 years of service at Fitchburg State. The new Science Complex is to be named in Dr. and Mrs. Antonucci’s honor. The dedication ceremony will begin at 4pm in the Science complex. Board of Trustees Chairman Martin F Connors states, “ Their devotion to the institution and its students is legendary and we are honored that this magnificent building will bear their names.”

I would encourage all of you to attend tomorrow’s celebration. The Point would also like to extend their congratulations to the Class of 2015, we wish you luck on the next part of your journey.