Colors worn for good causes

Think Pink for American Cancer Society
The women's soccer team is set to "Think Pink." (photo illustration by Miriam Wilcox)

Colors will make more than a fashion statement this week at Fitchburg State, with pink and purple leading the way.
The Fitchburg State women’s soccer team is set for its first annual “Think Pink” game on Tuesday, Oct. 25, as the Falcons host the Pioneers of Smith College in a non-conference game at 7 p.m. on Elliot Field.
Fitchburg State will be teaming up with the New England Region of the American Cancer Society as part of the “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” campaign.
In honor of Think Pink” night, the FSU women’s soccer team will be wearing custom-made pink jerseys to support the American Cancer Society’s cause. A special pink game ball will also be used and all Falcon fans are encouraged to show their support by wearing their favorite pink gear.
FSU’s palette will switch to purple on Wednesday, Oct. 26, with all students, faculty and staff asked to wear the color purple in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness month. There will be a special program held at 5 p.m. on the main quad that day, in honor and support of survivors and victims of domestic violence. Rain site for the event is the G-lobby.