Grocery Budgeting
February 16, 2024
Hockey game coverage 2/3/24
Hockey game coverage 2/3/24
February 16, 2024
Coach Fullers 600th Win
Coach Fullers 600th Win
February 16, 2024

Leominster's Urgent Care Center

Urgent Care Leominster  photo by: Urgent Care Leominster
Urgent Care Leominster
photo by: Urgent Care Leominster

By Alex Hochstrasser
Residents of the Fitchburg/Leominster area that will be getting sick this winter have another option for care.  A new Urgent Care Center has opened up on 510 Main Street in Leominster in the Marshall’s Mall complex.
Although there is a hospital located in Fitchburg, it is more suited towards treating those with life-threatening conditions. “The new Urgent Care Center in Leominster, will serve as another choice for people that are experiencing health issues that are non-life-threatening but require urgent medical attention,” says Kelly Rooney, the Interim Director for Health Alliance, “We are seeing the need for urgent care in our community and remain committed to meeting the health and wellness needs of our patient population.”
This has some great benefits for Fitchburg State University residents; the Urgent Care Center will accept the University’s main health insurance coverage, Blue Cross, and most other health insurance policies. The Urgent Care Center will most likely absorb many of the school’s sick or injured students when necessary.  This will allow students who visit the on-campus medical center near Russell Towers another option besides going to the Health Alliance Hospital’s Burbank Campus in Fitchburg.
Rooney then spoke of the long-term plans for Urgent Care Leominster, “This is the first step into the contemporary delivery of care that our community needs and we will continue to grow and add services because our patients have been and will continue to be our highest priority.”
There is no appointment necessary and they are open 7 days a week.
More information can be found online at http://www.urgentcareleominster.com/